George Coble was born 10 May 1733 in Germany. I am unsure when he or his family immigrated to America, but I assume it would have been at least before George got married since he married a Virginian.
George married Maria Barbara Glass. She was born 4 April 1735. (Rumor has it her mother was a Coble too.)
George died 21 June 1816 in Greensboro, Guilford County, North Carolina. He is buried at Cobles Lutheran Cemetery in Julian, Guilford County, North Carolina.
|George Coble tombstone|
Added to Find-A-Grave 2 April 2010 by David
I don't know much about George or his families' occupations or trades, so I can't even venture a guess as to what kind of "services" George could have "rendered" in support of the Patriots. In general, I know relatively little about my husband's Coble line (his great-grandmother was a Coble). They mostly lived outside the county where most of my husband's family lived, so they tend to get left out of a lot of my research attempts on his family.
George and Maria had (at least) the following children:
- Dorothy Coble
- Philip Coble
- Mary Coble
- Paul Coble
- Jacob Coble
- Peter Coble
- Molly Coble
- Frederick Coble
- John Nicholas Coble
- I attempted to find a will for this family and could not.
- I attempted to find any Revolutionary War-era records that could list children and could not.
- I have not found a record of him serving in the War yet or mentioned in a pension. (Since he is listed in the DAR as giving "patriotic service," the likelihood of finding previously undocumented military service is low but possible.)
- I have not found a land record, patent, or deed for him in either Virginia or North Carolina.
- Philip Coble (only one member has joined under Philip, and she is the most recent applicant to join under George)
- Paul Coble (five members have joined under him)